Monday, April 7, 2014

Elder L., No Room For Noobs & 18 verses 19 year olds

Hello,

Well this week was interesting. Me and Elder Caballero are still in La Pacifica, but they sent us two more missionaries, dividing the area in two. My comp is now Elder Llamacponcca, seriously, good luck with pronouncing that one. He's from Peru. Elder Caballero is now with Elder Ponce on the other side of the area. The four of us are living in a tiny house, while trying to find a new one. Nobody warned us that they were going to divide the area until a few hours before our new companions showed up in our area. So this week has been pretty nuts, looking for house and all, sleeping like dogs on the floor ha ha. That's the mission. 

We are really running out of places to put all the missionaries that are coming in. There are hardly any wards or branches that only have one companionship of missionaries. We are running out of places to put the missionaries. Our area was already super small, and now its even smaller. So that will be fun working this tiny area.

I cant believe that it is registering time again for school. I was wondering if it what classes would be necessary to redo and which ones not. I plan on spending a decent amount of time this summer studying my text books to get back up to speed on mainly the Math and the CS classes. Let me know what kind of schedule you get set up for me!

About the choice of serving at 18 or 19 years old... It's a toss up. Really, I am glad I came at 19, rather than 18. There are pros and cons for both. Waiting another year would give Jesse more time to prepare spiritually and stuff. Which is a huge advantage. A lot of 18 y.o. missionaries come here and simply aren't ready, because mom and dad pushed them out the door. But Either way, they learn on the mission. The biggest downside of going at 19 is having to do a year of school, then forget the stuff you learn, but I don't think that will be that hard anyways. Personally for me, I prefer leaving at 19 years. But if Jesse is ready, go ahead and boot him out. That is a choice he needs to make though. Good luck with that. 

Well... That's all I have time for now. I hope you all have an awesome week! 

Love Elder Vaughan

PS -- Thanks mom for taking care of my school junk!  You're the best


PS2 -- Is Mother's Day the Sunday before I go home? because if so, we will get another Skype call before I come home! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello ! I hope you have a great experience in Peru! Could you give me Elder Llamacponcca's email? If you have it, of course. I will really appreciate that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete