Monday, January 13, 2014

Santa Rosa de Lima, Summertime & Ecuador Companion

Hello World... again,

So this past week I got changes again, potentially the last area I will be in for my mission. I am in a place called Santa Rosa de Lima, in the department of La UniĆ³n. It is literally the farthest I could possibly be from the capital. Not to mention its the hottest place in the country. Remember in September when I complained about the extreme heat? Well, it got worse. I should have kept quite. Now the "summer" is about to begin at the end of February, so it will get even hotter, around 45 Celsius (which I think is really hot). The good thing is that we are farther from the volcano, so if it gets another case of diarrhea, we should be okay.

My new companion is Elder Morales from Ecuador. He is really awesome, maybe I will get a picture with him soon to show you. 

The branch we are in is probably one of the worst in the country, with an average attendance of 40 people on Sundays. Its bad. There are 2 priesthood holders, and 38 relief society. It's messed up. 

Other than the sad branch, we have a baptism planned for Miguel this coming Saturday, hopefully all goes well there.

I am really excited to be here in this new area, where it is obvious that a lot of work needs to be done.

I hope you all had a great week and that all continues going well in the business and in school.


Love Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment