Monday, January 6, 2014

Calm After the Volcano, Frosty Trees & Perquin P-Day

Well, this week was pretty calm to be honest, after the volcano thing, its hard to come up with anything that's more interesting than that. So we came back to San Miguel on Tuesday in the afternoon, when we arrived there was still some smoke seeping out of the volcano pretty steadily. But we aren´t worried about that. The people who live in little towns right next to the volcano were evacuated for the fear of CO2 poisoning or something like that.

Things here in San Miguel are alright. The eruption was just a big adrenaline booster and repentance inducer (if you know what I mean). People say that it may erupt again, and maybe stronger, but I doubt it. The volcano looks way cool because the ash that is resting on the trees makes the volcano look frosty, which of course is ridiculous!

The good thing about this whole volcano evacuation thing is that when we were in SanSal the office dudes gave us our Christmas packages and letters. I just have to say that Elder Wyatt and I really enjoyed the packages (from you, Gma Suzi, and Gma Little) It was very kind and thoughtful of you all for sending that! I do have to say that the CDs you sent are awesome, we are really enjoying them! Thanks!

So today for pday, we are here in a little town called Perquin, which is up by the Honduras border, just to see some stuff and have an interesting pday in a cold place (since it is up in the mountains), we just got here and haven't seen anything cool yet, but we will. Lately we haven't done anything cool for pday, so here we are, ready for a good pday.

So this coming up Wednesday are the changes, I don´t know what will happen, but I am sure that Elder Wyatt and I will no longer be as a comp since we already have 3 changes together. Hes a cool dude, but I am starting to forget what it is like to have a different companion. So it will be interesting to have a change. Only three more changes to go!

That's about all for this week. Next week I will let you know how the changes go and all. I am excited to see what I can make of these last months here in this really hot place.

Thanks for all that you do for me, it means a lot!


Love Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment