Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving, No Changes & a Buff Kickboxing Companion

Hello World!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving week! Not much really happened here at all, I don't even think I realized that Thursday was Thanksgiving! But this week went very well!
You may be wondering if I got changed or not. I didn't get changed, but there were some changes here. First off I was in the zone San Miguel, I am still in the same area, they just divided our zone, which is now called Rio Grande. This was the biggest zone in the mission, it included three departments San Miguel, Morazán and La Unión. So the zone was divided to accommodate so many missionaries here. It's pretty cool. There are seriously so many missionaries here now I don`t even know a fourth of them!
I am still here with Elder Wyatt, for our third consecutive change together, except this time we are in a trio with Elder Caballero from Argentina. Caballero means "Knight" or "Gentleman" Its kind of a funny name. He is a cool, guy. Definitely the buffest companion I have ever had, he did kickboxing before the mission, so he is buff.
Umm.. So we are still sharing the ward here with a couple of sister missionaries and things are slowly picking up. This week was tough because it was the gran Carnaval de San Miguel. It is basically the biggest party in Central America, comparable to the parties in Rio de Jainero Brazil. So everyone was out partying over the weekend, so things were slowed down a bit.
Oh, it has also been so cold here lately. These are the coldest weeks before the Summer starts. In the morning it gets down to 74 degrees, SO FLIPPIN COLD!!!!! It makes showering a nightmare in the mornings.
Well... I think that is all I have for right now. I am excited to get stuff done this change here, we have a solid 6 investigators who will potentially be baptized in the next 2 or 3 months here. Hopefully I won't be changed out of here before the baptisms right?
I hope that you are all handling the Cyber Monday orders alright, sell lots of junk! Have a good one!

Love Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment