Monday, September 2, 2013

8.5 Months Left, Missing Carpet & Crazy Stories to Tell

Hello Family,

Hey, how's it going? Can you really believe that it's September...again?? At this rate I'll be back soon, only like 8.5 months left! Crazy how fast time is going! My companion, Elder Webster, is going back home in about six weeks, so if I don't have changes he will be the first missionary that I get to "kill". I am kinda jealous that he's going home because it would be so cool NOT to be in this country! I miss carpet. I haven't seen any carpet in a very, very long time, never thought I would miss that stuff! There are so many things I wish I didn't have to deal with or see. Like annouying drunks in the streets, or random dead guys in the streets.  Things like that make me not feel at home, even though I've been here a while! Honestly, I have seen at least one dead guy with almost every companion.

Even though I sometimes wish I wasn't in this country, I am more than glad to be helping in His marvelous work! All the crazy things about this place will just make crazy stories when I get back.

This country really is a dark and sinful place but I love seeing how the Gospel can be a light to the good people in this country!

Well, I hope that all is going great back at home with everything, I love you all. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment