Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cars, Long Bus Rides & Fat is Good


Hello World,

So yet again, another week has passed by here in the office, it really is crazy how fast the time is passing by here, I know I said that before I got to the office, but now that we are twice as busy as before time just flies.

So almost everyone who wrote me this week asked me if I know what mission I will be going to, the answer is... I haven't the slightest clue! President Glazier really  is a goofball and likes to surprise people. I think my preference would be the "new" mission which will be called the San Salvador West Mission. In the West one we will be getting a new mission prez and Belize will be included in our mission. That would be a cool opportunity to go to Belize, but we will see. I really see a ton of benefits of being in whatever mission. I do know that I will be working in the office for a long time, Elder Earl (my comp who is training me now) has been here for longer than I have been in the mission. So we will see. The offices of the east and west missions will both be in the capital, so in terms of my area of proselyting I will be in the same general location.

My preference is to go to the West mission, because there is a possibility that I will get a car! From what I know, it is standard that the financial secretaries have cars, but President's wife doesn't want us to have a car, why? Because she is using the car that technically would be in my use. So If I go to the West mission it is possible that I will get a car, which would be so nice, we spend about two hours in buses every day. When we make the trip from our area to the office in bus, its an hour, in a car or taxi its only 6 minutes. Its crazy.

So yesterday I really noticed that there are some serious cultural differences here in this country (DUH). Yesterday we were at a member's home teaching another family, and someone said to the father "Wow, your daughter (5 yrs) is pretty fat!", then the dad said, "I know, isn't she so beautiful?", then the man said "If only my kids were like that, I would be so happy!"  That conversation blew my mind!!!!!!!!!!! After all this time I have learned that being fat is a cool thing here!!. Anyways, just an interesting culture difference I noticed. Elder Glenn (my comp) and I were really laughing about that one!

I feel like dad just started being the bishop there in the singles branch (ward). That's so crazy that his time there is already at an end. It's too bad that I won't be able to see him as bishop when I come back. But no worries, I know that he will have some great future callings! 

Well that's all I have to say this week! I hope that everything goes great for you at home! Have a great week.

Love Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment