Monday, January 21, 2013

Another South American Comp, Training & a Family Reunion

Hello World, 

Well here we are starting another change in the mission, and this time I am training!! The president called me Tuesday morning to tell me that the following day I would be training!! It's crazy how fast things happen here like that. Well I am with Elder Flores, yes another short South American! I am probably going to be one of those missionaries that only has Latino companions the whole mission and later forgets how to speak English!! I sure hope not.

So far it has been great training, not as hard as I thought it would be, but still a big responsabilidad! I always tell him that I am still somewhat new to the mission and that he probably has lots of ideas to help me learn as well! It is going to be a great experience training him here! 

At the end of this training period, which ends in March I think, I will for sure be leaving San Vicente. I have already been in this town for almost 6 months, so my time to go is coming soon! I will be sad to leave this place because I have made some good friends among members and even a few non members!

But for now I am still here for 2-3 months more! We are excited to be working hard here! I like being the senior companion for once because I don't feel like such a baby compared to the other missionaries. Even though I am still relatively young in the mission I have been here for quite some time! At the end of this month I will be hitting the 8 month mark, almost one third the way done!!

Well I don`t have too much else to report this week. Things have been pretty hectic with all of the changes and starting to be a trainer! I am going to attach a photo below, a "Four Generation" photo that I took with my trainer, and my trainer's trainer and with my hijo. My hijo is the Latino with glasses and the tall gringo is my Grandpa! It was sweet having a short family reunion at the change meeting on Wednesday!


Well that`s all for now! I hope that you all have a great week, talk to you all then!

Love,

Elder Joshua Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment