Saturday, July 28, 2012

Depart Guatemala Monday, No Temple Windows & Companions

Well Monday is the day I am out of here, the bus leaves at 7:00 and should take about 3 or 4 hours to arrive in San Salvador! I am so excited to be there! I am sick of this place! In my exit interview with Dr. Drake (The head medical missionary for Central America) he said "Unfortunately you will have to say goodbye to the delicious cooking here as you leave...wait, you're going to El Salvador right? OK, never mind, the food is just as good there, no worries!" So yeah, I should be good in terms of food! He also said he loves it when the missionaries get sick there because he loves seeing the most beautiful country in central America and the best temple in the world (He doesn't like that they get sick, he just likes that he gets to go there!)

So on Monday we had our morning where we go out knocking doors and contacting people in the street, which was really good. We got 3 contacts of people who were enthusiastic to learn more and the last lady we talked to invited us in and 3 minutes into our conversation she admitted that she was a member, so that was really funny and cool! I hope that when I get to El Salvador I will be able to send some pictures home, as here they don't let us plug in cameras or send SD cards in the mail, so we will see.

Ummm, I don't really know what else there is to report, just been learning more Spanish and junk, to the point where I feel like everything is repetitious, I am ready to get out of here. So Tuesday we went to the temple again, and the whole session was in Spanish, very cool seeing things in a different language, as not everything can be directly translated sometimes you take different meanings from what you hear, it's pretty cool. Lots of people here love this temple, but I think its kinda boring because there's not a single window, well it's a temple though and I still like it a lot, don't get me wrong. I just prefer windows on them!

I feel like I don't have much else to say in this email, next week will be easier to write an email, I don't know when I will for sure, but I will sometime! I am also ready for a new companion. At times it is really tough because my companion and I never agree on what we should teach or do, it can be frustrating. In Provo when I was with Elder Jorgensen we got along great, of course we all had different interests, as he could do 90 push ups in 2 minutes and I cant even remember the last time I did ONE! But we always got along, had fun, and were easy to fix problems, anyways! There will always be tough companions I will have to deal with, that's just all a part of this experience. I just can't wait to get that companion that we get along like best buds and everything is great! Kinda like when Chris was with Elder Willis (I think... wasn't he one of your fav´s Chris?) Anyways. There will be good ones and there will be hard ones, I have already in 9 weeks experienced both! Anyways! It sounds like all is busy and great as usual, maybe a bit more busy! I love hearing from you all! I love you all!!

Love,

Elder Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment